I’ll be working on my side blog, Notebook For Life - a little blog where I post and reblog tips, tricks, tutorials, life hacks, home remedies, recipes, etc. Anything that can be helpful or make your life better, basically~
Come and see! xx
I have a side blog called Notebook For Life - a little blog where I post and reblog tips, tricks, tutorials, life hacks, home remedies, recipes, etc. Anything that can be helpful or make your life better, basically~
Come and see! xx
Notebook For Life - a little blog where I will be posting and reblogging tips, tricks, tutorials, life hacks, home remedies, recipes, etc. Anything that can be helpful or make your life better will be posted here~
I have already posted a little sample of what’s to come. Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Edamame Mushroom Pea Veggie Patty Recipe
I love veggie burgers! Whenever I am at a restaurant that makes their own homemade veggie patty, it’s always what I order. Earl mentioned how we should make our own, so I stumbled across this recipe on “Healthy, Happy, Life” (http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2009/07/mean-green-edamame-soy-burger-spicy.html) and changed things up a bit to create it to our own liking.
This will create about 5 patties depending on how thick or thin you want it.
1 cups cooked edamame beans (1 frozen shelled bag at Trader Joe’s work great)
1 cup Brown Rice (which will be made to fried rice, used the microwavable package to save time with cooking the rice, unless you have some brown rice lying around)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup sesame rice crackers
*Got all ingredients at Trader Joe’s
- Boil water and cook edamame (follow directions on bag, takes about 10 minutes)
- While you are boiling the edamame, fry the cooked brown rice. Add soy sauce to brown rice, mix, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Deshell edamame to 1 cup
- Mix edamame and fried brown rice, then add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, let it marinate for a few minutes
- Cook mushrooms till they turn light brown
- Microwave and heat up peas
- Mix mushrooms and peas, then blend in a food processor
- Take edamame and rice mixture, then blend in food processor
- Blend crackers into fine crumbs (no need to clean each time you blend)
- Combine veggie and rice mixture together
- Fold in cracker crumbs to mixture
- Use hands to form patties
- Cook patty for about 2 minutes on each side on a olive oil greased pan
We are still trying to figure out how to keep the patty together, because it gets a little crumbly but still delicious and full of flavors!
Enjoy with wheat bread, pita bread, or burger buns. For condiments, we used: organic ketchup, pesto, and edamame hummus.
So I made these the other day and they don’t stick together. At all. However, they’re super delicious, so I’ve resorted to putting an avocado on bread and taking the mash from this and spreading it over the bread avocado concoction. It’s really delicious! And filling!
Healthy Sweet Potato Skins
• 2 medium or large sweet potatoes
• 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 bag fresh baby spinach
• 1/4 cup light sour cream
• 2 ounces light cream cheese
• 1 cup chickpeas
• 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 45-60 minutes, or until fork tender.
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half and let cool for 5-10 minutes. While sweet potatoes are cooling, saute the shallots with the butter over medium heat until translucent. Add fresh spinach and heat for 2-3 minutes, until spinach has cooked down. Set aside.
3. Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a thin layer inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own. Mash the sweet potato with the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in chickpeas, spinach, and salt and pepper.
4. Coat potato skins with a drizzle of oil and bake for about 5 minutes to get a crispier outside.
5. Remove from oven and fill each skin with the sweet potato mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake again for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
Slimtastic Smoothies: 20 nutritious and delicious smoothie recipes
- Banana: Blend 2 bananas with 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup ice.
- Strawberry Shortcake: blend cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1-1/2 cups skim milk, 1-1/2 cups ice, and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Raspberry Orange:Blend 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup of ice and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Honeydew-Almond: Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice, and honey to taste.
- Strawberry-Kiwi: Blend 1 cup strawberries, 2 peeled kiwis, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups ice.
- Cherry-Vanilla: Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, 1 1/4 cups milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Grape: Blend 2 cups seedless red grapes with 1 cup concord grape juice and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Blueberry-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon each honey and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 cup ice.
- Creamsicle: Blend 3/4 cup frozen orange or orange-tangerine concentrate with 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup each vanilla ice cream and ice.
- Spiced Pumpkin: Blend 1/2 cup each pumpkin puree and silken tofu, 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Black Raspberry–Vanilla: Blend 1 pint blackberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Banana PB&J: Blend 1 frozen banana with 1 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup each creamy peanut butter and wheat germ, and 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry or raspberry jelly.
- Vietnamese Coffee: Blend 1/2 cup chilled espresso or strong coffee, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups ice. Top with chocolate shavings and/or chocolate syrup.
- Pineapple-Mango: Blend 1 cup each chopped pineapple and mango, 1 cup coconut water, a dash of ground allspice and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chocolate-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup chocolate ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup ice.
- Peanut Butter–Apple: Blend 1 chopped peeled apple, 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons flax seeds, 1 1/2 cups each soy milk and ice, and honey to taste.
- Veggie: Blend 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, 1/4 cup carrot juice, 1/2 peeled cucumber, 1/2 celery stalk, 1/4 cup each parsley and spinach, and 1/2 cup ice.
- Lemon–Poppy Seed: Blend 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup each milk and ice.
- Strawberry-Maple: Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup each maple syrup and wheat germ, a dash of ground cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Apple-Spinach: Blend 2 cups spinach, 1 chopped peeled apple, 1/2 cup silken tofu, 1/4 cup each soy milk and orange juice, 1 tablespoon each wheat germ, honey and lemon juice, and 1 cup ice.
Basil is known to have secret benefits for you body such as promoting a healthy digestive system, so upon getting some fresh basil from local farmers markets and through friends’ gardens, I decided to look up a quick and easy way to use the fresh herbs. I created my own recipe below, which can be altered and watered down to not be a strong. Enjoy!!!
Basil and Spearmint Iced Tea (Tisane)
Recipe makes 6-8 servings/glasses
2 sprigs fresh basil (about 10-15 leaves)
2 sprigs fresh spearmint (about 10-15 leaves)
2 tsps raw local honey
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Boil about 8 cups (64 oz) of water.
2. Prepare large glass container or pitcher for tea. Wash off herbs throughly with cold water to remove dirt.
3. Pour water over fresh basil and spearmint and let leaves steep for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove leaves (unless they will rot) with slotted spoon or pour the tea through a strainer. While still hot, dissolve honey in the tea (raw local honey preferred) along with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
5. Let the tea sit out until it reaches room temperature (covered) then place in refridgerator for 24 hours.
6. Serve with ice and garnish with lemon if desired-Enjoy!!
I grow basil and mint!!! Must make.
- Dimensions of Rage: Plotting rage comic characters by emotional state.
- Use Ramen in Every Meal Without Getting Sick of it.
- How to Make Yourself Smarter in 20 Days.